History and Activities
Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club was formed in 1944, from the Sutton Coldfield ‘C’ Company Home Guard Rifle Club. The club moved to its current purpose-built range in 1979.
- A former member was selected for Great Britain at the 1980 Olympics, but for political reasons, Britain did not send a shooting team.
- One of our members won a silver medal at the Seoul Paralympics, 1988, and was the British Men’s Air Rifle Champion and held a World Record.
- In 1996 we came first in the National Roll of Marksmen and have never been lower than 7th since first entering the competition.
- In 1999 our 20 yd pistol team was the best in the country, winning div 1 of the National League.
- Regularly represent Warwickshire and Staffordshire in the inter-county leagues.
- Captain teams and run competitions for our county, Warwickshire.
- Coach and shoot for the West Midlands Regional Target Shooting Squad.
- Run regular sessions for Wilson Stuart School.
- Coach at the England Academy (Rifle).
- Compete in Modern Pentathlon at National and Regional level.
- Coach and officiate for West Midlands Pentathlon and PentathlonGB.